What is the Editor-at-large programme with Indspire Me all about?
The Editor-at-large programme with Indspire Me is a three month association with a new media platform whose aim is to inspire India and beyond. Indspire Me is currently home to some of the world’s leading experts and authorities in a variety of fields, such as psychology, nutrition, wellness, travel, motivational speaking and life coaching. We have a presence on Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. We share positive and inspiring interviews and stories from India and overseas. Although we are a small team, we want to become a space on the internet through which readers can add amazing value and benefit to their lives. In this endeavour, we need your help.
We need talented students such as you, to become part of the revolution of spreading positivity and inspiration among the citizens of India and the world.
It is only when we bring change within us, within our minds and empower ourselves with the best of knowledge; that we can change the world.
What are the benefits of being an Editor-at-large with Indspire Me?
Indspire Me is going to start the Editor-at-large programme from March, 2018. This will be a three months association from March to May, 2018. For the pilot batch of editors, we are going to select only 12 students from all over India. We know that is a small number. However, we want only the most talented and motivated students to bear the torch of our revolution of positivity and inspiration.
These are some of the benefits that you’ll have as an Editor-at-large with Indspire Me:
- A virtual programme, which can be completed from the comfort of your location
- Interaction with talented fellow Editors, who are students from all over India
- Access to an exclusive Facebook group where you can network and build contacts with like-minded people
- An honorarium of Rs. 3000, which will be paid at the end of the programme
- An opportunity to connect with and interview people who are doing inspiring work
- Training and guidance on Editing and Writing from Team Indspire Me, which has a total of ten years of work experience between them, including international work experience in Singapore and Dubai.
- A Letter of Experience
- A valuable addition to your CV
- Professional references for future academic opportunities and job prospects
What kind of a person should apply to our Editor-at-large programme?
- A student of any subject and at any stage (graduation/post-graduation or doctoral)
- Someone who can write well in English and has a good grip over correct grammatical usage of the language.
- It is preferred that you have prior editing experience, however it is not a requirement
- You only write original, non-plagiarized content
- You have prior writing experience
- You have a good eye for a story and good observational skills
- You have the charisma to influence people and encourage them to write
- You like to build contacts with influential people and stakeholders
- You like to interview people who are doing amazing and inspiring work
Detailed Responsibilities of an Editor-at-large
- To write or to commission (get someone else to write) one positive story/inspiring interview each month and to submit it for publication on Indspire Me
- If the story or interview is the work of another writer, then, you must edit the story in the best possible manner.
- Both the writer and the editor will be given full credit for their writing and editing.
- To be an unofficial brand influencer for Indspire Me, and to let people know about our work.
- To identify potential opportunities for growth and collaboration between Indspire Me and other stakeholders.
If the above mentioned details interest you, then apply to our Editor-at-large programme here. The last date to apply is the 25th of February, 2018.
Share this post with anyone you know who would be interested in this programme. Earn some brownie points!