By Akanksha Sharma
Our office is one place in which we spend a good amount of our time everyday. How we spend our time in office affects our health in profound ways. Therefore, it is very important for us to be comfortable in the workplace. A healthy mind dwells in a healthy body, and indeed we can’t lead a happy life if we don’t take proper care of our bodies. If you have been suffering from chronic back pain for a long time, or even if the onset of back pain has been fairly recent, it is very important for you to treat it in a holistic and 360-degree way.
According to HRDirector magazine, firms these days are being encouraged to offer ergonomic furniture to their staff, and are even being prosecuted in some cases if they fail to do so. Unfortunately, getting the firm to do this can be an uphill task for most of the office goers. But you should never compromise with your health, and leave your health in the risky hands of the firm. If you are suffering from lower back pain, you need to buy a good office chair and consider it as an investment into your long-term health. Your health is in your hands.
This article by the Quint shares that Indian millennials have the longest working hours in the world, clocking in at an average of 52 hours per week. Those folks who are tied to their chair for long hours, and don’t have the flexibility to get up and roam around, absolutely need a chair which is catered to minimize lower back pain. So, keeping this thing in mind, we at Indspire Me have done extensive research in order to help you choose the best office chair for back pain in India.
Low Budget Choices
- The chair has curved arms, which provide flexible arm support
- The height is adjustable and the smooth wheels make it easy to move around
- It has a foam cushion, which is sturdy enough to ensure that the long hours you spend at your desk will be comfortable
- The chair will need to be assembled by the Urban Ladder team
- According to some reviewers, the size of the chair may not be adequate for larger adults
- This chair has a good maximum capacity of 102 kg
- The chair has an adjustable height and a padded seat
- It has a one year limited warranty
- It does not have a tilt lock
- The chair will need to be assembled by the seller, but this is included free of charge
Medium Budget Choices
- This two-toned chair is very elegant looking and can brighten up the look of any room
- The padding is extra thick for greater comfort
- The chair swivels to 360 degrees
- It has nylon casters and the wheels are quite smooth, therefore the chair can easily be moved from one place to another
- The armrests have a soft padding
- Some customers did not find this chair to be sturdy enough
- It has an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars on Amazon, with 259 customer reviews, therefore it is appreciated by many customers
- It comes with an adjustable headrest and arm rests
- This chair will provide you with proper lumbar support
- The titled locking lever feature allows you to lock your chair in any angle between 90 degrees and 105 degrees
- The chair is easy to roll around and has a pneumatic gas lift system
- Some customers have had problems with the wheels of this chair, and have described them as being not levelled properly
High Budget Choices
- A royal looking chair with luxurious brown coloured upholstery
- Reviewers state that it is extremely comfortable and is perfect for work that requires long hours at a stretch
- The chair can be replaced within 7 days if there are any manufacturing defects
- This chair will need to be assembled by a carpenter, however, this service will be provided by the manufacturer
- The chair has customizable features such as pneumatic seat height controls, 360-degree swivel, tilt tension, tilt lock, sculpted arms
- It is covered under a three-year warranty
- According to the feedback provided by reviewers, this chair is very easy to assemble
- Provides excellent lumbar support
- The price might be a negative mark to dissuade customers from buying it
- As it will be shipped from overseas, it will take around 2 weeks to get delivered
We hope the above mentioned information, helped you select the right chair for yourself and your loved ones needs. If you have been having problems with your home or office chair for a long time, don’t hesitate anymore to replace it. Also, there are a few important tips that you should keep in mind to take care of yourself and your back. Always remember, if possible, get up from your chair after every one hour and walk around for five minutes. Do back and neck exercises daily before going to sleep at night, so that you do not go to bed with a stiff body. Integrate your work-life priorities in such a way that you can maintain a healthy balance between the two. Visualise yourself as being completely free from back pain.
If you liked this article, and you would like to know more about what you can do to lead a healthy lifestyle then do check out our section on Lifestyle Inspiration.
Please share this article among your social networks. This will help us gain more awareness and help our work reach more people. Thanks and have a great day ahead!