By the Editorial Team
The general wisdom that we get with regards to oily skin, or for all skin types for that matter, is to avoid using soaps to wash our face. This is a notion that has been spread by the advertising industry, giving us the logic that facial skin is too delicate to be cleaned with soaps. However, this is a false claim, which is based upon the assumption that all soaps are harsh and full of chemicals. These days, no product is spared from chemicals unless you choose to go organic. This is why organic soaps for oily skin are the hidden gems for skincare in India.
Turn to Natural and Organic Ingredients for Taking Care of Your Oily Skin
We need to turn back to nature to salvage, health, soothe, purify and beautify our skin. Organic and chemical free soaps provide us with the goodness of natural and mild ingredients. They save us from toxins being accumulated in our bodies and in our bloodstream. Using products laden with chemicals on a daily basis leads to an increase in our body toxicity levels. Some harmful chemicals are even linked with an increased incidence of harmful diseases. According to this article by Civilized, toxins in many cosmetic products are also responsible for hormone and thyroid disorders.
Jilliam Michaels in Parade shares that what we apply on our skin gets absorbed in our body, and using chemical laden products leads to rapid ageing and increased toxic stress on the body. Therefore, a better way to take care of your oily skin is to turn to organic soaps. Yes, they are more expensive than regular soaps but then what quality can you actually expect at cheap price? Of course, external skincare must be coupled up with a taking good diet and drinking a lot of water everyday. Our skin is a reflection of our inner health and well-being, so don’t neglect this most important foundation of having healthy and beautiful skin.
So now, let’s look at the best soaps for oily skin in India.
- Cucumber seed oil is one of the key ingredients, which is very beneficial for soothing acne prone skin
- It saves the skin from the damaging effects of free radicals
- The french green clay as an ingredient helps tighten open pores and improves the appearance and texture of skin
- Certified Organic by Ecocert Greenlife According to COSMOS Standard.
- Two key ingredients which have amazing cleansing effects; charcoal and lime
- Provides a natural exfoliation and polishing to the skin
- It cleans the skin without overly drying it, and is of course SLS and Paraben free
- A great soap for sensitive and oily skin
- A reasonable price point compared to other organic soaps in the market
- This is a pack of four organic soaps, each containing a multitude of exceptional natural ingredients that are blessings for oily skin, apart from the key ingredient of Aloe Vera, which is present in each soap
- These include Sandalwood (which has cooling and de-tanning effects), Neem & Tulsi (which have anti-bacterial properties), Turmeric (which has anti-oxidant & anti-inflammatory properties), Rose & Honey (which natural moisturising & healing properties)
- You can try out different soaps one after the other & pamper yourself with a nice, natural selection
- A safe option for your delicate skin
- A renowned and trusted luxury brand, with partnerships with high-end hotels such as the Taj group of hotels
- A woman founded brand, so if you buy from this brand you will be supporting women empowerment as well as local employment in India
- Utilizes the best quality and treasure-like ingredients of Saffron and Turmeric
- Made from pure and unprocessed raw cane sugar
Goat’s Milk-Eucalyptus: I & SOAP, Goat’s Milk-Eucalyptus Soap – 100% Natural & Organic Materials – Handcrafted Herbal Soap – Gentle and Effective Facial, Hand and Body Cleansing Soap Bars – Oily Skin or Acne Skin
- Goat’s milk contains lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid which keeps the skin looking fresh
- This soap has a low PH level, and it helps to keep skin hydrated without drying it out
- It is a mild and calming soap, which can be used by people with very sensitive skin too
- The soap contains multi-vitamins as well as shea butter
- The soap has received organic and vegan certification by the USDA
- Tea tree is the key ingredient here, which is an anti-fungal and a disinfectant
- It is gentle to the skin and made with fair trade and ethically sourced ingredients
- You can wash your body, face and even hair with the soap
- The bar lasts a long time and you don’t have to worry about re-purchasing it immediately
Remember that the key to beautiful and healthy skin is care from both inside and outside. So have a nice, healthy diet and drink plenty of water. Reduce your sugar intake, and even that will help a lot. Instead of having one whole chocolate bar, you can have a few pieces of the bar. Most of the times it’s not possible to eliminate the cravings completely but just by reducing your consumption, you can improve the quality of your skin tremendously.
Listen to your skin and what it tells you. Everyone has a different skin type and you should see how your skin reacts to something while following a skin care regime. For some people, washing twice a day or more works and for others it is enough to just wash once a day. So listen to your skin rather than blindly following the popular advice.
If you liked this article, and you would like to read more articles on lifestyle-related hot topics, then click here.